Mother’s Day is a special day for mothers across the world. Although it is not held on the same day everywhere, a form of Mother’s Day is celebrated in over 50 countries!
Here are 5 fun facts about Mother’s Day that you may not of known!
- No other day has more phone calls than Mother’s Day! It is estimated that around 122 million phone calls are made on the second Sunday in May.
- Mother’s Day is the busiest day of the year for restaurant reservations. No shock here!
- Approximately one quarter of all flowers and plants sold in a year are on Mother’s Day!
- In almost all languages spoken around the world, the word for “mother” begins with M.
- Mother’s Day was made “official” in 1914 by Woodrow Wilson after much persuasion from activist Anna Jarvis.